Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lost my Moto Razr

Well... its been 3 weeks now. However, yet to come to terms with the fact that I'll never get it back. I forgot it at a restaurant in Ellis Island. Took me about 30 mins before I realised that the phone was missing. Traced my path back to the place we sat, looked all around, spoke with the cleaners/waiters/people around. Everyone denied seeing my phone ( liars!!! ). Called up my service providers - tmobile and they verified that someone has been using my phone since I lost it. So I went ahead and suspended the service. But not before, I called up the people that my cell phone thief contacted using my cell. Liars again...!!!

T-mobile tells me that I have another 2-months on my contract, so I can't buy a new connection without paying them 200$. I could get an upgrade for another year's contract and get a featureless phone which I would end up paying some 80$ and a 35$ activation charge.

So I can't do much but get a good phone myself and buy a new sim card for my existing contract for some 20$. Seems like the more sensible option. Hopefully, after my contract expires, all these cool cellphone deals on a new contract will still exist.

Nah... no iPhone for me.... not until, apple gives me the freedom to do whatever I want with the device. Maybe an openmoko phone.

Luckily, my kind-hearted** friend, Neeraj has lend me his spare Razr for a few months. So I should be alright for now.

** he's kept my camera in return :)

No comments: