Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Play music from Raaga in Ubuntu using Firefox

A lot of people complain about raaga/musicindiaonline not working on their ubuntu/linux boxes. However, I really didn't care since I had moved onto new cleaner music blogs like dishant, musicmazaa and my favourite dhingaana.

However, when I found this solution to get raaga work, I decided to give it a try and voila... it worked.

This is what I did :
1. Downloaded the binary installer for a newer experimental Realplayer version 10.1.0.3013 from http://forms.helixcommunity.org/helix/builds/?category=realplay-current
2. Installed the realplayer in /opt/real/RealPlayer directory
3. Type about:config in firefox and set the following key=value pair
network.protocol-handler.app.rtsp=/opt/real/RealPlayer/realplay
network.protocol-handler.external.rtsp=true

So all you raaga fanatic here's one reason less to remain on windows....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I'l give it a shot tonight.

Anonymous said...

Looks like this solution does not work with Real Player 11.